Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas

I am writing a talk to give at my Zone Christmas Party on Wednesday. The topic is, "Why are you excited to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ during Christmas time?" As I thought about what to say, I thought about how happy Christmas is. There is so much love and joy and giving. It is a very special time of year to celebrate the birth of our Savior and Redeemer. But sometimes we get caught up in too many other things. The shopping we have to do, the things we have to get done, the parties we have to attend. Sometimes we forget. Sometimes we hear the joyful songs of Christmas, promising peace, and wonder if there really could be peace on earth. One song puts it perfectly... 

I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.
I thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along th'unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.
And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."
Till, ringing, singing, on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
Of peace on earth, good will to men!
I, along side the angels of Heaven, proclaim the birth of Jesus Christ singing, (or saying) "Glory to God, glory to God, glory to God in the highest. Peace on earth, good will to men. Peace on earth, good will to men." Jesus Christ brings all hope and peace. In this crazy world, may we all remember Him and the reason we are celebrating Christmas. May we let Christ into our hearts and let our bells chime the message that Christ lives. That through Him, we can find peace. 
That is why I am excited about sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ this season. There are so many who are searching for peace, but who don't know where to find it. Christ has it. He has made it available to all who follow His word. And I have His word to share. I love being a missionary. I love sharing the happiness that can come from choosing to follow Christ. It brings me true joy to serve my Savior. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the church that Christ established on the earth. I know that it is the way for us to be happy here and in the eternities. I love my Savior. I am so grateful to get to serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment