Thursday, December 19, 2013

Book of Mormon Challenge...

All the missionaries in the Illinois Chicago Mission just got a Book of Mormon Challenge from our wonderful Mission President, President Woodbury. He challenged us to read the whole Book of Mormon before General Conference in April. He also asked us to look for anytime the Savior is referenced or the Atonement is talked about. I started re-reading the Book of Mormon this morning. I read 1 Nephi chapters 1-7. I figured to finish in time I have to at least read 6 pages a day. I know I can do way better than that though. I am excited to take time everyday to focus on my Savior and His Atonement. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is all about our Savior and His Atonement. Without Him, we wouldn't have a way to return to live with our Father in Heaven again. Jesus Christ fulfills God's purpose given to us in Moses 1:39, "For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." Jesus Christ also helps us fulfill our purpose given to us in Doctrine and Covenants 11:20, "Behold, this is your work, to keep my commandments, yea, with all your might, mind and strength." How grateful I am for this wonderful challenge. I challenge any reader to follow along with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment