Saturday, December 28, 2013

2 Nephi 3

This chapter is the best! Well... there are many chapters that I think are the best, but this is definitely one of them. The introduction to the Book of Mormon testifies that by reading the Book of Mormon we will "gain a divine witness from the Holy Spirit and come to know that Joseph Smith is God's revelator and prophet in these last days". This chapter testifies of Joseph Smith.
In this chapter, Lehi is telling his son Joseph of some other "Josephs". In verse 4, he tells of Joseph who was carried captive into Egypt. Joseph, the son on Jacob, saw the day of Lehi in a vision and foretells of their scattering. 
In verse 6, Lehi is tells his son of a Joseph to come (aka Joseph Smith). He calls this Joseph a "choice seer". He says of Joseph; 
"he shall do none other work, save the work which I shall command him. And I will make him great in mine eyes; for he shall do my work."
"And unto him will I give power to bring forth my word unto the seed of thy loins."
"And out of weakness he shall be made strong, in that day when my work shall commence among all my people."
"They that seek to destroy him shall be confounded."
"By the power of the Lord shall bring my people unto salvation."
"And I will make for him a spokesman. He shall write the writing of the fruit of thy loins."
"Being an instrument in the hands of God he will work mighty wonders and will bring to pass much restoration."
Joseph Smith, a humble and uneducated teenager, was foretold of and predestined to be the one through whom God restored His gospel. He submitted his will to the Lord and was called as the Prophet of the Restoration. Through Him, the fullness of Christ's church was restored to the earth. Because he was so willing to learn and be led by the Lord, we now have revelation and Priesthood power back on the earth. How grateful I am for Joseph Smith who followed what he read in his scriptures. Who heeded the council of the Lord. Who rose above every challenge he was given to help move the work of our Lord forward. I love this gospel. I love the knowledge that I have. This church is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment