Friday, November 8, 2013

The Life of a Missionary

I never thought that I would be posting here during my mission. But crazily enough, the Illinois Chicago Mission was granted permission to use online technology to teach the gospel online. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have been given to serve a mission. It is and has been a fun challenge that I have gratefully accepted for the last three months. And if I have learned nothing else, I know that my Redeemer lives. I love Him and His Atonement. I have come to know for myself that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's true church. And we are promised a sure knowledge for ourselves if we do three simple things. 1. Read His word written in the Book of Mormon. 2. Ponder upon these things in our heart. 3. Pray for truth and understanding. And our promise in return: "We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost". My invitation echos that of our loving Father in Heaven. Read, ponder, pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment