Thursday, November 14, 2013

Enoch - Qualifying the Called

One of my all time favorite stories is of Enoch in Moses 6. The Lord, in verses 27-30 commands Enoch to prophesy unto the people. To cry repentance and come unto Him.
Verse 30: "And this is a decree, which I have sent forth in the beginning of the world, from my own mouth, from the foundation thereof, and by the mouths of my servants, thy fathers, have I decreed it, even as it shall be sent forth in the world, unto the ends thereof."
Enoch's reply in verse 31 is so simple; "Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?" Don't we all sometimes feel this way? Why are we called to do the things we are called to do? How can I do this when I have little training?
The Lord's answer will always be the same, "And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good."
The Lord doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the called!
I am grateful for this opportunity I have to be a missionary and to strengthen and bring forth Zion. I love the chances I get to teach Christ's Gospel and to allow others to feel of the joy and peace that come from following His word completely. I love this church. I love being a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment