Friday, November 15, 2013

Missionary Life

Being a missionary is nothing like what I had originally expected it to be. It is a lot harder, a lot more frustrating, a lot more exhausting. But at the same time, it is a lot more joyful, a lot more loving, and a lot more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. To think about where I was a little over three months ago and compare it to where I am now, it is pretty incredible. To think about the person that I used to be, the things I used to think, the woman I wanted to become, the knowledge I thought I had... boy oh boy have my eyes been opened.
This has been the hardest three months of my life. I would be lying if I said that I loved every minute of my mission and wanted to be nowhere but here. This experience has stretched me farther than I ever thought imaginable. I have seen and done things that I didn't think I ever needed to see or do. Every minute is a struggle, but I do love my mission. I love teaching about my Savior. I love teaching about the plan that God has prepared specifically for each and every one of His children. I love sharing the beautiful and joyful message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So, in all reality, I would not like to be anywhere but here right now. And I do love every minute of my mission. In different ways than what I originally thought for sure. Sometimes I have to remind myself of the reasons why I want to be here, and why I love it here. Sometimes I feel like I am given too much to handle and reasons to quit. But I will never give up. This gospel means way too much to me to keep it to myself. My Savior means way too much to me to not follow His counsel to walk in His paths and help His sheep. How much are we really willing to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment