Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Adventure of a Lifetime

 5 months ago I opened the most exciting piece of mail I have ever received. One that is bound to change my life forever.
 For the next 18 months of my life, I will be serving as an official representative of my Savior as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-day Saints in the Chicago Illinois Mission. This is literally the perfect mission for me. I couldn't be more excited.
 I am nervous! I don't know how to teach yet, I don't know how to not be emotional, I don't know all the scripture references, but I have a testimony of this gospel. Of my Savior, Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Of Joseph Smith and the Restoration, and of our current prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I don't know everything, but I know enough.
As scared as I am, I am looking forward with hope and love. With confidence that I will be able to serve the way the Lord needs me to serve. I am putting myself in His hands for the next 18 months. 
I love this gospel. I can't imagine my life any way other than the way it is right now. I am ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment