Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What I Want Verses What I Need

I had a very interesting conversation with an old friend yesterday. I have been deeply contemplating what to do with my life over the past couple weeks, and I have been distraught over a situation that I thought was a huge deal. But after talking to him, I realized something very important. There is a huge difference between what I think I want, and what I really need. He made me realize that difference, and why I was feeling the way I was feeling. Satan has a huge impact on my life, even when I don't think that he does. He definitely knows how to get me to question the things that are most important in my life by bringing other things that I may want right now and flaunting them right in my face. And I hate to admit that he is very good at it. I have been wasting so much of my time worrying and focusing on something that really doesn't matter to me in the long run. It seems so nice now, but looking ahead 5, 10, 15 years, I can't really see it mattering at all, therefore, not being worth my time. But now that my mind is fully set on my mission, my future is looking all the better. Satan is so sneaky, but he is not going to win me over. It is not worth it.
A girl in my mission prep class shared her insights on Satan. He is not going to try hard to influence us away unless he knows the impact we can have for good in the future. Satan is trying hard on me, so I must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment