Thursday, February 28, 2013

Temple

Originally I was hoping to go through the Temple when Kendall got home from his mission. My whole family is planning on being here that weekend anyway, so i thought it would be perfect. But that was when I was hoping to leave for my mission in August or September. Now that things are changed and I am hoping to leave a lot earlier, I am hoping to get through the Temple a lot earlier.
My Stake President and Bishop here both told me to receive my Endowments immediately after i get my call. I have heard from a lot of people that you want to go through the temple as many times as you can before you serve. So my new plan is to go through sometime during my Spring Break in March. The Manti Temple is maybe 10 minutes away from my housing. And I have two really good friends who are getting their endowments within these next two weeks. I am hoping to go with them at least once a week for the rest of the school year.
Really I am just getting excited about the whole process. I started taking a Temple Prep class on Sunday nights. I have been to one of the three classes they teach. I think I will be able to make it to the other two before Spring Break. They also gave me a book to read. Preparing to Enter the Holy Temple. I have almost finished it. I am hoping to at least read it one more time before I go through. In my Mission Prep class we also spent two days talking about the Temple Endowment. My teacher gave us some very good quotes that provide insights as to what to expect. The next class we were able to ask any questions that we had. I still have questions, but I am sure the closer I get to going through, and when I actually go through, my questions will, for the most part, be answered. We also got a very great talk by Elder Carlos E. Asay from the Seventy called The Temple Garment: "An Outward Expression of an Inward Commitment." I have read through that a well. It was pretty interesting to read. I guess I am becoming like my sister, who reads everything! She loves learning. The older I am getting, the more I am finding how interesting it is to read about things like this. I just love it!
I was thinking about which Temple to go through when receiving my Endowments. I love the Logan temple, but have already had two brothers go through there. I was thinking about some others, but remembered the new Brigham City Temple. I think that is where I will go. It is very beautiful, and it is close to everybody. Hopefully that all works out.
I feel like everything is coming together perfectly. I couldn't be more happy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment