Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go Dear Lord

I am getting really anxious about where I will be serving. With every new day comes new guesses and new hopes and new nerves. If I could choose anywhere to go I would choose Europe. Italy, England, Ireland, Finland, anywhere in Europe. I would love to serve there. But I don't want to get my hopes up so I just keep telling myself that I will serve state side. Which I will still love! I was talking to a boy who prayed to go somewhere warm. He got called to Canada which is so far from warmth. He said he had a really hard time before he left and he kept listening to this song over and over. I love this song, and I will go wherever I am called. 

It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.
Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin
Some wand'rer whom I should seek.
O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide,
Tho dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo the message sweet:
I'll say what you want me to say.
There's surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth's harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life's short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I'll be what you want me to be.
I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I'll be what you want me to be.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment