Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Overwhelmed

I was beyond overwhelmed when I got a church calling as Relief Society teacher. In my head I wanted to say no. But my Dad always told me to never ever say no to a call the Bishop asks you to fulfill. Even if it is just saying a prayer or giving a talk. So I accepted the call. I was really nervous about it. Teaching and Public Speaking are not my strongest points. But I am grateful that I accepted that call. It has taught me a lot about studying, coming up with questions, and teaching, which are all things that I will need on my mission. I have not had a lot of opportunities to teach. I have only taught twice since I got the call in September. But I have grown already through preparing and giving those two lessons.
Last week while preparing my lesson, a member of the bishopric called asking me to speak in Sacrament. Again, I just couldn't say no. Luckily my lesson was pretty simple and almost finished. Then I found out my topic for my talk. I was overjoyed. My topic was why I decided to serve a mission, the preparations I took, and what I hope to experience. I loved thinking about these things deeply. And pondering those thoughts is what led me to start this blog. I love this gospel and am so excited to share it wherever I am called to serve.
Sometimes we don't think we can do what we are called to do. But we are called for a reason. It is an inspiration from the Lord. So don't be afraid to accept a call. Don't give up that opportunity to grow and learn. And sometimes, if not always, you will look back and realize why you were called to that position at that time. The Lord knows us so well. Let him guide your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment