Thursday, April 4, 2013

Distractions and Resolutions

I keep thinking that distractions are going to be good for me before my mission. Turns out, they so aren't. I keep focusing on things that don't matter. Things that are going to end up hurting me in the long run. And honestly, I am quite sick of it. So, I have made a resolution. Starting tomorrow (because I was super emotional this morning) I am going to focus on what makes me happy and what I know I need to do before my mission. And I am going to make that the top priority in my life. I am going to set aside unneeded distractions. I am going to wake up 20 minutes earlier than needed to have personal scripture study in the morning. I am going to take more time and make a better effort to make my prayers personal and more meaningful. I am going to search for people to serve. I am going to study Preach My Gospel and finish reading my Conference Ensign from last October. I am going to live my life to be the best disciple of my Savior that I can be. I am not scared to serve my mission. I am not afraid of the unknown. I am not distraught over leaving my family. Because I know that through the next 18 months of my life I will be an everyday disciple of my Lord and I will be serving him with all my heart. It won't be easy. There will be times when I want to give up. But I know I can do it. And with the help of the Lord, I can do hard things.

No comments:

Post a Comment