Tuesday, February 25, 2014

God's Words Never Cease

"Why does God not speak to us today?" "If God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, why would He hold back His words from us?"
When asked these questions by a friend, Hugh B. Brown responded as follows;

"May I suggest some possible reasons: perhaps God does not speak to man anymore because He cannot. He has lost the power.”

He said, “Of course that would be blasphemous.”

“Well, then, if you don’t accept that, perhaps He doesn’t speak to men because He doesn’t love us anymore. He is no longer interested in the affairs of men.”

“No,” he said, “God loves all men, and He is no respecter of persons.”

“Well, then, if He could speak and if He loves us, then the only other possible answer, as I see it, is that we don’t need Him. We have made such rapid strides in science, we are so well educated, that we don’t need God anymore.”

And then he said, and his voice trembled as he thought of impending war: "Mr. Brown, there never was a time in the history of the world when the voice of God was needed as it is needed now. Perhaps you can tell me why He doesn’t speak.”

My answer was: “He does speak. He has spoken, but men need faith to hear Him.”
http://www.lds.org/liahona/2006/06/the-profile-of-a-prophet?lang=eng&query=profile+of+a+prophet

I testify that God speaks to us. Like in times of old, God has called a prophet to lead and guide His church. Through that prophet, we hear the word of God. I know this to be true.

"Come, listen to a prophet's voice,
And hear the word of God"

I know Christ lives. I know that His church has been restored upon the earth. How grateful I am for this knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment